Friday, July 22, 2011

FINAL REFLECTION OF MY ICT IN TEFL COURSE



I liked the ICT in TEFL course. I learned a lot and I know that I am going to use this knowledge for my personal, academic and professional life. All the information I learned was very fruitful, but I also had to work a lot and suffered a lot to achieve the objectives of each class. I have noticed that being literate in ICT is a slow and hard process. It is time consuming working with all these 2.0 and 3.0 platforms and that is something we need to have in mind if we want to continue working or improving our skills in the ICT world.

I tried to do my best and so did my classmates. We have worked really hard to create what we have created. We sacrificed hours of sleep and other personal activities for this course and for that reason I think we have already passed it. I have learned a lot of things related to ICT. I have used and observed many interesting web 2.0 platforms and I am going to use them for my classes. I got fascinated by Second Life (3.0 platform) because it is a way where I can have fun and learn at the same time. I love blogs and wikis because people from all over the world can know who I am. I have tried to use these tools in my different workplaces and it has been a wonderful experience.

I have to confess that at the beginning of the ICT course my knowledge about technology was little. I did not even know how to create a group on FaceBook. But now at the end of the course I can do much more than creating a group in that social network. I am really proud to say that every day I am becoming the web head that I want to be.
I want to thank Professor Evelyn Izquierdo for all her help and patience during this course. She helped me a lot clarifying my doubts especially at night hours. Thanks for being a helping hand Evelyn. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Adenis,
    It's been a real pleasure to work and learn with/ from you. You've done an outstanding job; your blog is A1+. Congratulations! As you mentioned, it's been an intensive journey in which you dedicated many hours to successfully accomplish with all tasks; but it was really worth. Now you can see the fantastic product. I am so proud of you.
    Today, we end the ICT in TEFL course, but this is just the beginning of many exciting experiences to come in the tech world. My invitation is to work together on many interesting ICT projects for Venezuelan EFL teachers. Spread the good news, a new Webhead has been born, YOU! :D
    My best wishes,
    Evelyn Izquierdo (@eveweb)
    Caracas,Venezuela

    ReplyDelete